- What is FASTag?
FASTag is a device that employs Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology for making toll payments directly from the prepaid account linked to it. It is affixed on the windscreen of your vehicle and enables you to drive through toll plazas, without stopping for cash transactions. You need to recharge / top up the tag as per your requirement.
- What are the benefits of using FASTag?
- Ease of payment - No need to carry cash for the toll transactions, saves time.
- Online recharge – Tag can be recharged Online through UPI / Net Banking / Debit Card.
- SMS alerts for toll transactions, low balance, etc.
- Online Portal for customers.
- Which are the roads where the tag can be used?
FASTag is presently operational at 680 toll plazas across national and state highways. More toll plazas will be brought under the FASTag program in the future. You may see the list of plazas in the 'Active Toll Plazas' section.
- What are the charges for FASTag?
FASTag has a tag joining fee of ₹100 (including GST). The refundable security deposit depends on the vehicle type. Please check the 'Fees and Charges' section for details.
- How can I buy FASTag?
“Click here to buy FASTag Online”
You may visit any of the Point of Sale (POS) locations near Toll Plazas / Equitas Small Finance Bank Branch offices to get your tag account created. You may call our customer care @ 1800 103 1222 to know more details.
You will need to carry original as well as copy of your KYC document along with your RC Book, Driving Licence and Vehicle at the POS / Branch office location.
- What are the documents needed to apply for FASTag?
You will need to carry original as well as copy of your KYC document
You need to submit the following documents along with the application for FASTag:
- Registration Certificate (RC) of the vehicle.
- Passport size photograph of the vehicle owner
- KYC documents as per the category of the vehicle owner:
- Online Portal for customers.
Individual ID proof and Address proof from the list mentioned, and 1 passport size photograph Driving License PAN Card Passport Voter ID Card Aadhar Card(with address) A valid driving license would be sufficient for Address & ID proof. Corporate Public Ltd./ Private Ltd./ Partnership Proprietorship Certificate of Incorporation/ Partnership Deed/Registration certificate of the firm PAN Card of Proprietor PAN Card of the corporate Address Proof of the Proprietor Photo ID of signing authority Shop Act or other Firm Proof List of Directors with addresses/Name and addresses of Partners
Our representative will provide you an application form, which you need fill and submit.
All required documents for FASTag should be in the name of the owner of the vehicle. If car owner is not present at the time of application, driver will need to submit his photo ID proof.
A valid driving license would be sufficient for Address & ID proof.
- Do I need to use any specific lane at the toll plaza for FASTag?
Yes, you will have to use the lanes demarcated for FASTag.
- How can I avail Monthly Pass / Local Pass?
Monthly passes can availed Online by visiting NHAI website. Step by Step process is detailed below:
- Visit www.nhai.gov.in and click on “FASTag Monthly Pass” option.
- Ensure you have enabled “Pop-ups” in your web browser when you click this option
- Select the Toll Plaza name for which you need Monthly Pass, enter Captcha Enter the Vehicle Registration number for which you have taken Equitas FASTag.
- Select the Equitas Tag ID, Choose the required pass option and make payment.
- Once payment is successfully completed, Acquiring Bank shall enable Monthly pass for your Equitas FASTag.
Local Pass can be availed by visiting the Local Toll operator directly. Currently there is no option to avail Local Pass Online.
- How can I recharge my tag account?
You may recharge your TAG account by making payment online through UPI, Debit Card or through Net Banking. The TAG account can be recharged upto ₹ 1,00,000.00 for KYC accounts and ₹ 10,000 for NON-KYC accounts.
You may also recharge your TAG account at the Point of Sale (POS) locations near Toll Plazas and Equitas Small Finance Bank Branch offices by paying cash.
Enjoy complete waiver of payment gateway charges when you recharge your Equitas FASTag balance through UPI. For recharge through UPI, please follow these steps:
- Login to any UPI PSP App. For example BHIM UPI App, Google Pay, Airtel etc.
- Enter beneficiary UPI ID or beneficiary VPA option.
- Type beneficiary as NETC.VEHICLENUMBER@EQUITAS. For example, if your vehicle number is TN10D5962, you will enter the beneficiary UPI ID / beneficiary VPA as NETC.TN10D5962@equitas.
- Click the Pay option against this beneficiary and enter the amount to be recharged in the tag.
- Authenticate your transaction with the UPI Transaction PIN that is registered with the UPI PSP App.
- Successful recharges will immediately reflect in the tag balance which can be cross checked by logging into website www.fastag.equitasbank.com or Equitas FASTag Mobile App (Available for Android Users).
For recharge through Net Banking, please follow these steps:
- Log into Customer Portal: 'Customer Login', with your username and password
- Go to Payments>>Recharge Account
- Select the tag accounts to be recharged and mention the respective amounts to be uploaded
- Choose payment mode as 'Pay by Online' and click 'Continue'
- A new window will open with an option to select your bank
- Please select your bank from the list and continue
- You will be asked for the login credentials for your bank account. Please proceed with the details and complete the payment.
- Minimum recharge amount a tag can be recharged with is ₹100.
- Do not refresh the browser or press the 'Back' button in the middle of the transaction.
- How do I generate/ reset my username and password?
Once your FASTag account is created, Please log in to the customer portal and register yourself to generate your user id and password. Please enter the required information in the prompts and the system will send an SMS with your log in details to your registered mobile number. You may call our customer care @ 1800 103 1222 for assistance.
- Is there any convenience fee for using FASTag?
There is no convenience fee for using FASTag for toll transactions. However, if the Bank revises the same, customers would be informed.
- How would I cross toll plaza, if ETC equipment are not working?
In case ETC equipment are not working and your FASTag account is having sufficient balance, please pay the toll fee in cash at the plaza. Additionally, please call our customer care and also report the issue with the concessionaire.
- Is there any minimum or maximum value for such recharge / top up?
Yes, the minimum recharge amount is ₹ 100 and maximum is ₹ 1 lac
- I have two vehicles, can I use one FASTag for two vehicles?
You will need to take two separate FASTags for the two vehicles
- What do I have to do if I lost my RFID Tag? What will happen to the account balance?
You will need to call our customer care number to block your FASTag. Once you take a new account, we will transfer the balance to the new account.
- How would I know that the correct user fee has been deducted from my FASTag account?
You will receive an SMS alert in your registered phone number each time a balance is deducted from your FASTag account.
- How would I report an incorrect deduction and how will I get back the same?
You can report an incorrect deduction by calling our call centre. For all toll transactions, the toll plaza system sends a request to Equitas for debiting the toll amount that is due from you. In the rare scenario of Toll Plaza system sending an incorrect amount, Equitas would raise a Chargeback on behalf of you to recover the money that has been collected in excess by Toll Plaza. This Chargeback process normally takes up to 20 working days. Rest assured. All incorrect deductions are reverted back post representing the case with Toll Plaza.
- How do I block my FASTag account, in case my vehicle is lost?
You can call up our customer care and block your FASTag account.
- I have new vehicle fitted with RFID Tag. How to get it activated?
We are exploring ways to use these tags for ETC , however it will require some new technical development. It will also be subject to tag being in proper condition without any damage or tampering.
- Can FASTag be used for passage through toll plazas on the state highways?
FASTag can be used on all toll plazas where it has been implemented. You can check the list of Plazas click here
- I have FASTag and also balance amount, but I could not go through ETC lane. How do I get my FASTag checked/ rectified to see whether it is active or not?
You can raise a request regarding the same by calling our customer care.
- I reside within 10 Km of a particular Toll plaza. Do I need to take FASTag to get the concessions available for local vehicles?
You will need to submit your documents to the concessionaire validating your residence within 10km of a particular plaza. Once it is verified, you may avail the concession on the FASTag assigned to your vehicle
- Why are the rates different for different vehicle categories?
Vehicles are categorised for the welfare of road users. This categorisation is primarily based on the size and load they carry and damage done to the road and type of use (commercial/personnel) of a vehicle.
- Why concessions to local/ frequent users are different?
Concession to local/frequent users are extended as welfare measures. There may be variation in the concessions available as these have been provided at different times under different fee rules and provisions of concession agreement.
- Why full user fee (toll) is to be paid although we travel a small length on the project road?
In India, the tolling is generally under the open system, whereby fee payable is a fixed amount based on the length of stretch under one project which is normally 60 kilometers. If a stretch is of lesser length, user fee of actual length only is collected.
- What is normal minimum distance between two adjacent Toll Plazas?
As per the fee rules 2008, the spacing between two adjacent toll plazas should be 60 km.
- In case of Harassment/ misconduct/ discourteous/ rude behaviour of toll collection staff, what should we do?
MoRTH/NHAI/IHMCL has launched 1033 helpline number for addressing FASTAG complaints related to Toll Plaza. You can call this number and report the same.
- Why the user fee (toll) rate is different at 2 Toll Plazas?
User fee on a particular fee plaza is based on stretch length under that plaza, structures (bridge, tunnel, bypass) and width of the highways, applicable fee rules and provisions of the concessions agreement.
- I bought an Equitas FASTag. Now I want to replace my FASTag as the tag got damaged accidentally. Do I have to buy a new tag by paying Security Deposit Again?
No. You don’t have to pay Security deposit again for replacing your Tag. Just visit www.fastag.equitasbank.com and login to your a/c. Click on the link “Replace my tag” in the left panel. For replacing your tag, you will have to pay a nominal charge of Rs 100.
- I had taken a FASTag for my vehicle from a different Bank earlier. Now I have purchased Equitas FASTag for the same vehicle. Is this allowed?
Yes. You can replace your existing FASTag with Equitas FASTag. However, please ensure you remove Other Bank’s FASTag sticker from the vehicle and paste ONLY Equitas FASTag on the vehicle. Pasting more than one FASTag on the same vehicle is a violation and will attract penalty.
- How is 1033 helpline number useful to me? What type of toll plaza level complaints can I raise by calling this number?
MoRTH/NHAI/IHMCL has launched 1033 helpline number for addressing FASTag complaints at toll plaza level. Customer can simply dial 1033 from Mobile/Landline for the following issues:
1) Stopped at the plaza for Tag blacklist reason even though Tag is not blacklisted.
2) Plaza not accepting FASTag
3) Plaza not able to read the Tag
4) Plaza not supporting for monthly pass issuance
5) Any other applicable issue for FASTag
- Are there any payment gateway charges for recharging FASTag Wallet through UPI?
There are no charges for loading FASTag wallet using UPI. However, if the Bank revises the same, customers would be informed.
- Are there any payment gateway charges for recharging FASTag Wallet through Debit Card / Net Banking?
Yes. Payment gateway charges of 1.5% will apply for recharging FASTag wallet through Debit Card / Net Banking.
- Is there any expiry date for the amount loaded into FASTag wallet?
No. Amount loaded in the FASTag wallet can be used for toll transactions till you exhaust the entire amount in the wallet. There is no “Use By” date for funds loaded into FASTag wallet.
- I have funds in my FASTag wallet. If I decide to close ALL FASTags linked to the wallet, will I get the funds back?
Yes. Funds will be returned to your Bank A/c. You will be required to login to your account at www.fastag.equitasbank.com. Upon logging in, upload copy of Cheque leaf / Pass book in Tag Closure page for processing refunds to your Bank A/c.
- I am holding a Equitas FASTag Limited KYC Wallet. How do I convert the same to Full KYC Wallet.
You can find the details for Full KYC conversion of FASTag by visiting the page https://www.equitasbank.com/KYC-Compliance .This page also has details about our Branches & Channel Partner Agents who can help you in converting your FASTag Wallet to Full KYC Wallet. Do ensure you read the FAQs on Prepaid Payment Instruments(PPIs) at https://www.equitasbank.com/KYC-Compliance-faq
Initially my FASTag was linked to my Equitas FASTag Wallet. Now I have opened a Bank A/c with Equitas.
- How can I initiate the linking my FASTag to Equitas Bank A/c Online?
1) Please visit www.fastag.equitasbank.com & login using his mobile number & password
2) In the Dashboard screen, you will see an option reading “Link to Equitas Bank Account. Click here”
- Is the Process of linking FASTag to Equitas Bank A/c different for Single Account holder & Joint Account holder?
For single accounts: FASTag will be linked to Bank account instantly after you go through the OTP verification process successfully. All future toll transactions will get debited from your linked Equitas Bank A/c directly.
For Joint accounts :
Step 1 - After logging into your FASTag A/c, you will have to select the option to link your FASTag to Bank A/c.
Step 2 - Upload the attached form Online.(On Clicking attached form, customer should be able to download the attached pdf)
Step 3 – Bank will verify the signatures of the authorized signatory & then approve the request.
- I have now linked my Equitas FASTag to my Equitas Bank A/c. When will I get the money that was lying in wallet / tag?
Bank will do the transfer of funds from your wallet account to your Equitas Bank A/c within 3 working days.
- I have linked my FASTag to Equitas Bank A/c. Is there any minimum amount that I need to maintain in my Equitas Bank A/c to keep the tag active?
Yes. You need to maintain a minimum threshold of Rs 1000 per tag in your Equitas Bank A/c at all time. For example: If you have 3 FASTags linked to your Bank A/c, then you need to maintain Rs 3000 in your Bank A/c to keep the tags active.