Now carry your documents anytime , anywhere digitally!
(A Govt. of India Initiative)
DigiLocker is a key initiative by Government of India under Digital India program , aimed at providing paperless governance to the citizen . It is a platform for issuance , verification and storage of documents & certificates digitally , thus eliminating the use of physical documents and ensuring error free verification of documents.
Organizations registered with DigiLocker can push electronic copies of documents and certificates (e.g. driving licence ,Voter ID ,School certificates ) directly into citizens lockers . Citizens can also upload scanned copies of their legacy documents in their accounts . These legacy documents can also be digitally signed using the e-sign facility.
The platform has the following features
- Anytime , anywhere access to the documents by the citizens
- Aadhaar linked documents will get automatically fetched from institutions partnered with DigiLocker
- Self attest documents electronically via e-sign facility
- Ensure authenticity of the e-documents and thereby eliminate usage of fake documents
- Pull documents from partner institutions like Registrar Office, Income Tax department , CBSE , LIC etc.
For more details on DigiLocker , please visit https://digilocker.gov.in/